Monday 14 March 2011

slow songs...

I am definitely a 'i love the worship songs where we can just dance around and celebrate in the victory of the cross' type but literally just singing away in my room right now I realised just how powerful the slow songs are. And I don't mean songs that drag or anything I just mean songs that give you time to actually think about what you are singing as you sing it. Because when you sing 'everyone needs compassion' slow enough to actually realise what you're singing the truth of it hits you and personally i catch my breathe and almost can't believe I sang it in such a offhand sort of way for so long...

so the challenge is this: think about what you're singing the next time you worship our awesome God and see what he has to teach you from the words that you normally sing without really thinking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment